Friday, January 27, 2012

The Shopping Cart

Do you ever look at other people's shopping carts and wonder what they are going to make with the food they are buying? I do.

Some days I am so tired of the same old, same old, I almost ask the lady in front of me in line what she is going to do with that roast she has in her cart. Either she would think that I am very strange.... or lonely. Or, maybe not. Maybe she is also a busy wife and mom looking for something new to add to her weekly menu. Who knows.

This was my Sam's Club cart from today.

We have been out of Goldfish crackers for 2 months.  The kids will be so glad to see them:)

There was a married couple who asked me who I was buying all that food for. I was to embarrassed to tell them that I usually fill two carts when I hit Sam's, but since it was a solo run, I didn't want to push two carts by myself.


They probably would also be shocked to know that Dave and I had earlier hit our local Sprout's market where we filled our cart with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, as well as 30 pounds of fresh chicken because they were having a great sale.

Now, what am I going to do with all that chicken? Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Honey, are you on Pinterest yet?? You can find SO many recipes on there!!!

Unknown said...

Chicken tortilla soup, bbq chicken, chicken salad, Japanese breaded chicken...oh, so many options :) LOL...I hear ya sista...it's quite a feat to shop for a large family. They know all of us very well at Costco. They are putting in a sprouts right across from our Costco...ohhhh, happy day!!!

Kimmie said...

I would google great chicken recipes or easy chicken recipes. Or freezer meal chicken recipes...for something different.

Happy cooking!

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Julie said...

You guys are awesome, thanks for the suggestions. Brenda, I had not heard of Pinterest. I checked it out, looks great! Thanks so much!