Monday, April 23, 2012

Samantha's Sweet 16

Samantha officially turned sixteen today.  I can't tell you how proud I am to be her mommy.  I thank God every day for that priveledge.

A week ago Friday we had her party because her best friend, Baylee, was moving to Arkansas the next day.  Samantha really wanted to have Baylee there so we celebrated a week early.  She wanted a pool party so we heated the pool for a few days and it was nice and steamy.

Much to our dismay the day before the party the weather changed and we had a torential down pour all day on Friday.  The kids still swam but I felt really bad for Samantha.  Turn out the kids all thought it was great, and it definitely will be a party they all remember for a long time:)  Here are the pictures.

This cake actually fell apart on the way home from the bakery.  Dave had to take it back for them to fix....in the pouring down rain!


Samantha wanted lots of candy at her party for her SWEET sixteen.  She took that literally.   It was all over the house:)

Some of the kids trying to decide if they were going to brave the pool.


Zachary barbecued in the pouring down rain.  One of the Dad's held an umbrella over his head.  He was a really good sport and the food all tasted great!


The kids came in and played the Let's Dance game on the Wii in between going in the pool and eating candy.


Samantha and some of her peeps.


See the steam coming off the pool?  It felt good going in...just not so good coming out.


More dancing....That's Garrett in the white shirt on the left.

Garrett and some of his friends dancing.


Enjoying the pool!


Aww, that spa felt good.  I don't think one more person could have fit in there.


Garrett throwing his friend Jake into the pool.


Garrett doing a flip off the water fall.  He is such a crazy kid:)


Getting out of the pool to sing happy birthday.


The minute we were done singing they were all back into the pool.  I think I had almost the whole cake left.  Definitely a party to remember! Happy Birthday sweet girl.  Mom and Dad love you bunches:)


No comments: