Thursday, January 7, 2010

Made Some Progress

Today we.........

  • found crisp new money for our trip
  • got travel meds for the kids
  • paid for nine airline tickets without passing out when the travel agent gave us the final total
  • paid some bills
  • organized the food we will take with us
  • made a complete list of everything I need to pack for each of us
  • worked on the flash cards/pictures for Levi to help us communicate with him
  • tried to learn a few amarhic phrases (I am really bad at this, the kids are much better)
I still drank some diet coke and coffee but at least I got a little more acomplished.

I also talked to the director at USCIS and asked if she mailed out our I-1600A extension.  She acted like she had no idea who I was, even though I have called every day for the past week.  She said she was sure she had as everything on her desk had been approved and taken care of.  When I asked if she could check the computer and make sure, she was not happy.  She said she would call me back.  Of course, she did not.  Why am I not surprised?  I'm 99% sure everything is fine and if she did mail it yesterday it should be in my mailbox tomorrow.  Of course, you know I will be calling her again tomorrow.  What will I do with my time when I no longer get to call USCIS every day?

Here's a few pictures of my closet after I cleaned it.  It makes me so happy to walk in there and not have stuff all over the floor.



You can scroll down a few posts to see what a mess it was.

I also moved my dresser into the closet.  I now have a dressing area where I can go, close the door and get dressed.  All of my clothes are now in there.  I really like that because my kids seem to have a hard time leaving me alone in my room.  Now I can just go hide in my new clean closet.

I'm off to finish the laundry and add to my packing piles.

Ten more days until departure!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow great job!

I'm impressed!

Jill

Raquel said...

great job on the closet and you accomplished a lot today!

Christina Hubbard said...

UUGH- I forgot to get the letter sent to you. Guess I should get it done. If I overnight it Monday will it still make your list??

Tina

Julie said...

No problem Tina, we aren't leaving until next Sunday. Email me privately if you need our address.

Julie

Bonky's Mom said...

Wanna come do my closet next??? : )

SO EXCITED for you!