Thursdays are the days we attend the home school co-op in our town. The kids LOVE Thursdays. They go to their classes, see their friends, hang out at lunch, and learn some pretty amazing things.
I love Thursdays also, expect for how exhausted I am when we get home. Garrett and Samantha both have classes that start at 8:30 a.m., the class I teach starts at 9:00. The kids have classes all morning until lunch, when we hang out on the play ground for lunch for an hour. I then go home with the littlest kids and Samantha and Garrett stay until 3:30 when they are done.
We then all go home and collapse.
How did we ever go to school every day, all day? School at home is so much more enjoyable and slow paced. I asked Levi if he would like to go to public school because he loves going to our co-op so much. "Every day?" he asked. "No, once a week is fine. I had to laugh.
Yes, we used to leave the house every day to go to school. We did not know any difference. It was fine, just really busy.
After our busy Thursday we all look forward to our calm Fridays at home together. Just as much school gets done, it's just not so hectic. Seeing our friends is great, however, I am so thrilled that my kids think spending time with their family is just as great.
I love how much closer all of the children are since we began our home schooling journey four years ago. I had heard about this and hoped it would also happen in our home. It has. I am thrilled beyond belief!
Crazy Thursdays are fun, but happy home days are just as great:)
Give Thanks Always
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment