Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Gunman

I got a recorded message this morning from Zach's college saying that they had closed the library and were looking for a man who said he had a gun and was going to hurt himself and others.  They wanted the students to stay put and not go near this person if he was seen.

I didn't freak out, although, isn't this one of the reasons that us mother's threaten to keep our children locked in a closet and not let them go into the big bad world.  Good grief!

I will give the University credit.  I got emails and phone updates hourly, the local media was also covering the manhunt on t.v..  Zach wasn't answering his phone.  Why didn't he call me?

When he finally called I asked him if he was staying away from the area and in some place safe.  "Um, mom", he said, "That was kind of hard as the class I was in was meeting IN THE LIBRARY."  Holly smokes!

It turns out the authorities threw the fire alarm to get everyone out of the building while they searched for this young man who had made the threats.  Zach said there were many many police cars and several t.v. stations were on hand.  Late tonight they found the guy and no one was hurt.  Not sure if he actually had a gun or not. 

Here is a link to the story.  Thank you Jesus no one was hurt.  Hopefully the young man in question can get the help he needs.

On another note....if you have been praying for Joy and her family thank you so much.  Mountains are moving in Ethiopia and we are all so hopeful that this family can still travel to have their court date in November.  I can't give details yet, but will definitely post about all God is doing when I am able:)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh good grief!! Thankful everyone was ok!!!