She got her braces in the 4th grade. She is now in the 10th. She is ready to be done. The doctor assured her that next month all should be well and she could "most likely" get them off.
Our family has a very small jaw which makes it hard to get the teeth perfectly straight. Our orthodontist teaches at a very prestigious school in the area. He uses my kids x-rays as examples of real problem cases. We joke that our family has single handidly paid for his swimming pool. It is probably true.
She was so sad that I just had to do something to cheer her up.
"Do you want to go and have your first driving lesson right now", I asked. Yes! She didn't even have to think about it.
She got her permit two months ago but we have been so busy I haven't taken her out to drive yet. We usually start in the Church parking lot.
I thought it would be easy to teach my daughter to drive after teaching the two boys first. Oh boy, was I wrong. This girl has a lead foot and she can't seem to remember to keep her foot on the brake when we are stopped. Oh my!
I let her drive later in the day on an actual street and she did much better, although, she still had a little trouble with the brake thing.
If you see me around town and notice I have a few more gray hairs on the top of my head you will know why. To think I still have to do this 4 more times. I think Dave should take the next child:)
![]() |
| She is looking pretty proud of herself here. |




No comments:
Post a Comment