Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Never!

Paige had a bad dream a few nights ago. 

I went into her room to see what she was so upset about.  She kept saying, "No, no, please, I don't want to be adopted."

I woke her up and asked what she was dreaming about.

"Oh, mommy", she says "Please don't let someone adopt me.  I really like being in our family!"

Clearly I needed to explain exactly what adoption is.  She was very relieved to understand that she would always be a part of our family and that I would NEVER, NEVER let her go.

Isn't it funny how children process events?  I never would have guessed that my six year old would have been worried about this, or even had such a thought.

Kids.  You just never really know what they are thinking.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Hi there,

I follow your blog because Jill sent me over one day!

Wow, I think you're right...you never really know what they're thinking. Probably a good thing it happened so you were able to clear it up for her. Oh, it makes my heart hurt. She's so precious.