Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Tea

Each year we go to a Mothers Day tea at my moms church. It has become a tradition over the past four years. The girls and I always look forward to it.
Here is my beautiful 90 year old mother and her friend Yanika.  They were having a good time.
Grandma looked so cute in her hat.  We all were suppose to wear them.  I couldn't find mine.  I was the lone rebel in the group.
Samantha was irritated with me and refused to smile for the camera.  I can't remember why she was mad:)  May have been because we brought Levi with us.  The girls were not happy about this.  The tea is always a girls only event, however, the people at her church wanted to meet Levi and Amelia and grandma asked me to bring them.  Unfortunately the tea was during Amelia's nap so she stayed home.

Here I am on the left (hatless) with my sister Stacey, who was a good girl and followed the rules that mom gave us regarding the hat:)
Here is Paige telling Levi, again, not to take her picture.  She finally went and hid from him.  I love the hand on the hip and the scolding she is giving him here.  She looked so cute in her hat!Aunt Candy with her mouth full of food.  The gentlemen of the church served us, they had no idea what they were doing, it was very funny to watch.

We left after two hours because, as usual, one of the kids had a baseball game.  It was a fun afternoon, and I promise mom, next year I will remember my hat!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

What a nice tradition...your mum is cute!

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted