Thank you to those who have been praying for our family. I told you that we were considering adopting a 15 year old Ethiopian girl who's family was seeking a disruption. After much prayer, and talking as a family, we felt that we were not the right family for her. We could not give her all the love and attention she was craving and deserved. One of our children really did not want this to happen and was wrestling over guilt at not being more selfless. Lets face it, we are all selfish at times. I am proud of that child for being honest about their true feelings and not just telling Mom and Dad what they thought we wanted to hear.
I wrote the social worker telling her of our decision. I cried through the entire letter. There is a part of me that wanted to say yes, that wanted to be her family, but I knew all of us had to be on the same page or it wouldn't work.
I received the nicest email back from the social worker and she said there was another family willing to adopt this sweet girl that they felt good about. That made me so happy:)
The best thing that came out of this whole experience is that it got our family talking about adopting again. I have wanted to for over a year, but others were not sure. I'm still not sure if we will ever adopt again, but I'm so glad we are at least discussing it. God works in mysterious ways, maybe this young girl was brought into our lives just to start the dialogue again?
Here is the sweetest video a saw on Facebook this week. Their stories made me smile.
Give Thanks Always
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment