Friday, March 2, 2012

Waiting Up

Samantha and her friend, Baylee, wanted to go to The House of Blues in L.A. tonight  to see Andy Grammar play. I have no idea who he is. Apparently he started out on You Tube and now has a teen girl following. They found out a while ago that he was going to be playing there and they wanted me to take them.

No. I did not want to go.

Usually it is standing room only and friends, honestly, I think I am to old for that. I want to sit in a nice comfy seat.

They begged and pleaded, both sets of parents said no.

Not because we didn't want them to go, he is family friendly, but because we didn't want to drive all the way to L.A. to stand for three hours while a bunch of teens screamed in our ears.

Back up to last weekend and Grandpa's birthday party. She "mentions" to her aunt that they really want to go but no one will take them. Nice Aunty says she will take them.

I tell her, go for it. Have fun. I'm not going.

So, they are there now, and I am up waiting for them to get home. I should have just gone because I can't sleep until all the kids are in their beds.

She did send me this picture. Seems they actually got a table with chairs.

This isn't the best picture, but it will do.  Left to right is Baylee, my niece Amanda, and Samantha.  Amanda and Sam's eyes look a little scary.  Maybe it was just the pre-concert excitement that made them look like that:)




I'm off to snooze on the couch until all the teens are back in the house. Hopefully it will be soon, we have Opening Ceremonies for baseball tomorrow and have to be at the field by 8:00 for pictures. I guess sleep is highly over rated.

Right?

No comments: