Monday, March 28, 2011

What I Love Most About Homeschooling.....

Doing reading lessons curled up under a big warm blanket together and.....................

 watching the children learn a new skill.  Levi is starting to really do well with playing his guitar.  Amelia likes to dance along as he plays.  Don't you just love that bed head she has going on?

I also love the kids co-op classes.  Love the kids.  Love the parents.  Love the whole thing.

Garrett's class was studying snakes a few weeks back and he brought in his baby corn snake, Ricky Bobby:)


The snake was a huge hit and Garrett had fun showing it to all his friends.  I say IT because we have no idea if the snake is a boy or a girl.  The guy at the pet store didn't know either. I keep telling Garrett to look it up...apparently he doesn't care because he hasn't figured it out yet. Doesn't it have something to do with the markings????
The snake shed it's skin the night before so that was fun for the kids to see also. 

The kids made these bird feeders a few weeks ago and the birds have finally discovered them.

They are right outside the big window where the kids do there school work.  Levi and Paige get so excited when they see one eating off of their creation.  We have noticed lots of hummingbirds lately so I really need to get a feeder for them.  One made a little nest in our vines on the fence:)

I feel so much pride in knowing that I have successfully taught my 7 and 8 year old children to read.  I was afraid that wouldn't happen when I started on this journey three years ago.  What an honor it has been to have that opportunity.

So, I guess there is no one thing I love the most.  Well, maybe the slower pace of life it affords.  That is definitely a huge plus for families with many children.

Thank You Lord for the opportunity to stay home with my children and educate them, to teach them YOUR truths and not the worlds.  Thank you for a husband who fully supports me and helps out when he can.  Thank you for the blessings of these wonderful children, they truly are my greatest accomplishment.  Amen

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Great post. Well, except for that snake stuff. I'm a girly girl when it comes to that stuff. Squeamish and all that :)

LOVE the bed head - she looks MILES better than any bed head I can sport. What a beauty :)

Brenda said...

SO glad you took the plunge!!!! :)